On Tues Dec 8th at 6pm, our own Judy Mabee, Belfountain Community Organization, President, will be delegating on behalf of the West Caledon Community’s Traffic Group to the Town of Caledon.
This delegation is the result of several months of work of communities representatives in Wards 1 and 2 with our local and regional councillors. Hear our request that the Town of Caledon make these changes:
- Conduct Noise Clinics utilizing a different model
- Update Town of Caledon Bylaw NO. 86-110 written in 1986 to include traffic noise and daytime noise limits by April 1st, 2021
- Utilize all Enforcement Options
- Increase the number of By-law Officers and enhance training
- Automated Speed Enforcement and Acoustic Cameras
- Adopt Peel Police Noise Maker Project into Caledon
- Review Town of Caledon Tourism Campaign to promote locations other than high traffic areas
- Increase Fines and Lose Points for Noise Violations
- Encrypt OPP communications
See the whole delegation here West Caledon Communities Noise Delegation Dec 8th, 2020
From the Town of Caledon Website: https://calendar.caledon.ca/Meetings/Detail/2020-12-08-1800-Council-Meeting
The public will be able to watch the meeting from the comfort of their home. The stream can be accessed on the Town’s website through the HTML version of the Agenda Package.
In addition to being able to view the live stream, members of the public are invited to call into the meeting to listen to the proceedings at:
Toll Free Phone number: 1-833-311-4101
Enter meeting access code: 132 684 6530#
The Town will make all efforts to post the recording of the session the Town’s website as quickly as possible.