Due to the increased challenges impacting the quality of life of our residents, in the spring of 2018 we re-instituted the Belfountain Neighbourhood Watch program. The Caledon OPP were instrumental in assisting our start-up. We have captains for most streets and roads, and would like further volunteers to share the communications.
To report any incidents, please follow these instructions:
- FOR LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCIES OR CRIMES IN ACTION CALL 911
- Contact NeighbourhoodWatch@Belfountain.ca with your smartphone number, to subscribe to our WhatsApp Group, once you have a WhatsApp account and app installed, or to request any information.
- For non-emergencies call 1-888-310-1122 or 1-888-310-1133 (TTY), toll-free, 24 hours a day, from anywhere in Ontario.
- To report any moving traffic violations, including speed and noise, call the Caledon OPP Detachment at 1-888-310-1122
- To report street crimes – call Caledon OPP Community Street Crime Unit at 905-584-2241
- For illegal road-side dumping consult – https://www.caledon.ca/en/live/resources/Public_Works/Illegal-Dumping-FAQs.pdf
- NEW: To report bylaw infractions such as littering, public disrespect,… email your Witness Statement Report to email@example.com !
- Advise the Belfountain Community Neighbourhood Watch group via private WhatsApp communications.
Other contact information:
- For Town of Caledon By-Law enforcement-related inquiries, please call 905.584.2272 x3462 or visit caledon.ca/enforcement for more information.
- During business hours you may reach the Caledon OPP Detachment at 905-584-2241 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except holidays).
After hours, 4:30PM Monday to Friday and all Weekend call 1-800-563-7881
- Contact Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) to report crime details, anonymously. Or at https://www.p3tips.com/
- You may also report anonymously online at coplogic.peelpolice.ca We have been advised, that “If a vehicle is reported more than once, the police will make personal contact with the owner, either by telephone or in person. Subsequent incidents may result in enforcement action by the police.”
- The Roadwatch program in Caledon is no longer in effect, contact the OPP via any of the methods noted above.
Neighbourhood Watch signs now are being obtained for posting at the perimeter of the hamlet.
Please review the Town of Caledon By-Laws that apply here in Belfountain:
- By-Laws link: Town of Caledon By-Laws
- with specific By-Laws regarding Noise, Parking on Private Property and Traffic (consolidation)
- Reporting email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2019 – The OPP have indicated that they will have increased regular presence in the hamlet.
OPP Summaries of Occurrences 2017 to 2018 to-date, for Belfountain and other Caledon areas for comparison.