Due to the increased challenges impacting the quality of life of our residents, in the spring of 2018 we re-instituted the Belfountain Neighbourhood Watch program. The Caledon OPP were instrumental in assisting our start-up. We have captains for most streets and roads, and would like further volunteers to share the communications.
To report any incidents, please follow these instructions:
- FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES OR CRIMES IN ACTION CALL 911
- For non-emergencies call 1-888-310-1122 or 1-888-310-1133 (TTY), toll-free, 24 hours a day, from anywhere in Ontario.
- To reach the Caledon OPP Detachment, call *OPP 24/7 or 905-584-2241 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- Contact Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) to report crime details, anonymously.
- To report traffic violations, you may also do anonymously online at coplogic.peelpolice.ca We have been advised, that “If a vehicle is reported more than once, the police will make personal contact with the owner, either by telephone or in person. Subsequent incidents may result in enforcement action by the police.”
- The Roadwatch program is no longer in effect, contact the OPP via any of the methods noted above.
- Advise the Belfountain Community Neighbourhood Watch group via private communications. Contact NeighbourhoodWatch@Belfountain.ca to report, subscribe or request any information.
- For Town of Caledon By-Law enforcement-related inquiries, please call 905.584.2272 x3462 or visit caledon.ca/enforcement for more information.
Neighbourhood Watch signs now are being obtained for posting at the perimeter of the hamlet.
Please review the Town of Caledon By-Laws that apply here in Belfountain:
- By-Laws link: Town of Caledon By-Laws
- with specific By-Laws regarding Noise, Parking on Private Property and Traffic (consolidation)
- Reporting email address: email@example.com
The OPP have indicated that they will have increased regular presence in the hamlet.
OPP Summaries of Occurrences 2017 to 2018 to-date, for Belfountain and other Caledon areas for comparison.