Saturday September 15th, 2018 is the date of the Tour de Headwaters cyclist ride through Belfountain.
This ride is a fundraiser for cyclists of all calibres through picturesque Headwaters Country in support of the purchase of medical equipment for the Headwaters Healthcare Foundation (hhcfoundation.com). Headwaters Health Care Center is the name of our closest hospital in Orangeville. The Tour de Headwaters goal this year is to raise $50,000.
Tim Peters, organizer of the Tour de headwaters Cyclist ride reached out to the BCO for support for this 4th Annual Tour de Headwaters ride.
He shared with us that:
- Caledon Hills Cycling Club is the local host and post ride BBQ site
- this is the first event in Canada that features eBikes
- Tour de Headwaters has secured liability insurance for the event
- all routes have been approved by the Town of Caledon and the OPP.
- this ride will begin and end in Inglewood.
- the route starts at Lloyd Wilson Centennial Arena at 8:30am for the 101.5K ride, 9:00am for the 50K ride and 9:30 am for the 25K ride.
- cyclists will use Mississauga Road, Forks of the Credit, Bush Street and Winston Churchill to circle back to finish in Inglewood.
- the OPP will be on site in Belfountain for the duration of the ride, this will be approximately 1.5 hours.
- traffic flow will be managed at Bush and Main Street to ensure safety for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles.
- rest stops are at 30km at the TD Bank Erin and 70km stop Caledon Ski Club for 100km ride
- there will be 45 Marshalls that mark the route
- all volunteers are from the Lions Club
- all food used for the event is grown locally by Heatherlea and the Church in Palgrave
- all prizes are from local retailers only
- 102.5 FM covers the whole ride live
Having organizations contact the BCO and share details of an event is ideal. It gives us the opportunity to inform the community so EVERYONE knows what to anticipate and have the best day possible.
This is a local event, supported by local businesses, in support of equipment for our local hospital. Have a great ride!
We encourage you to support the cyclists as they participate in the rides.